The University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) has announced the recipients of the CPAEF Awards and Chan Foucher LeFebvre Nelson Izgerean Naphtali Scholarship (which is matched by the CPA Education Foundation).
For the 2018/19 academic year, the recipients of the Chan Foucher awards (each worth $1,200) are:
- Karnjit Jassal (accounting and finance) is entering fourth year and plans to pursue the CPA designation. Said Karnjit, “I plan on using the knowledge and skillset that I have attained throughout my career and share it with others by teaching at a university level.”
- Hannah Scoular (accounting and human resources management) is also entering fourth year and after graduation would like to complete her CPA and eventually her masters of science in Business Administration. She is currently the president of the UNBC Commerce Student Society. “This award has eased my financial burden and will allow me to devote more time to developing my club. Thank you for offering this award to me.”
The recipients of the CPAEF awards are:
- CPAEF Award ($500) to Hannah Scoular (accounting and human resources)
- CPAEF Award ($500) to Matthew Vendittelli (accounting and finance)
- CPAEF Award ($1000) to Neelam Jassal (accounting and finance)
- CPABC Prince George / Cariboo Chapter Scholarship ($2,000) to Adebayo Abass (accounting).
Congratulations to these students on receiving these CPAEF and CPAEF matched awards. Good luck with your education and careers.