The CPA Education Foundation has contributed to the SFU Accounting Development Fund (SFU ADF) which supports various faculty development at SFU.
In the 2016/17 fiscal year, the SFU ADF supported five papers representing some of the work of the accounting area research faculty members:
- “Corporate ethical lapses: do markets and stakeholders care?” by D. Cormier, I. Gordon and M. Magnan, published in Management Decisions, Vol. 54, Issue 10, pp 2485-2506 in 2016;
- “The effect of industry classification on analyst following and the properties of their earnings forecasts,” by D. Chung, K. Hrazdil and X. Li, published in Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 24, Issue 6, pp 417-421 in 2016;
- “Assessing social and environmental performance through narrative complexity in CSR reports,” by K. Hrazdil, F. Mahmoudian, and J. Nazari, to be published in Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics;
- “An experiential investigation of the effect on the influence of client explanations of having a former audit partner as client senior financial officer,” a working paper under review at Accounting Horizons by C. Emby; and
- “Audit senior modeling fallibility: the effects of reduced error strain and enhanced error-related self efficacy on audit juniors learning from errors,” a working paper under review at Accounting, Organizations and Society by C. Emby.
To find out more about these publications contact Dr. Karel Hrazdil, PhD CPA CGA, associate professor of accounting and accounting area coordinator at SFU|Beedie School of Business.
Said Brenda Waechter FCPA FCGA, CPAEF board chair, “the CPAEF is proud to be able to support the valuable accounting research produced by these distinguished faculty at SFU.”