BCIT held their annual graduating student awards celebration on June 18, 2019 in the gymnasium at the Burnaby campus.
Hosted by Kathy Kinloch, BCIT President, and the BCIT Board of Governors, the awards event provided an opportunity to recognize the recipients of various awards including those by the CPA Education Foundation (CPAEF).
The following BCIT students received CPAEF awards:
- CPA Education Foundation Award in Accounting – Lu Zhang for the highest average in the final year of their program. See photo below.
Awards for outstanding marks in specific courses in their final term who have demonstrated a combination of academic standing, leadership, service and all round achievement as selected by faculty were presented to the following grads:
- CPA Education Foundation (R. Glynn Spelliscy) Award – Suraj Giddha;
- CPA Education Foundation (William B. Hards Memorial) Award – Leila Salm, see photo below; and
- CPABC Vancouver Chapter Award – Vivian Carvalho, see photo below.
Awards for students in the Bachelor of Accounting degree program:
- CPA Education Foundation Awards – Raadhesh Kumar and Quinton Silzer-Hooker.
David Chiang CPA CA, CPABC’s vice-president member advice and programs, attended the event and said, “the CPAEF is delighted to support BCIT students and we wish each award recipient every success in their chosen careers.”